We run a local six-a-side football league in Ollerton, Nottinghamshire and are always on the lookout for Referees and Match Night Supervisors to join our ever growing team. If you are interested in either role please contact us.
We pay you an hourly rate dependent on a number of factors which we negotiate individually with you and also supply all equipment including; balls, bibs, cones.
Our reputation for looking after our referees is unparalleled. We believe, unlike any other organisation, that the referee must always, attend a match without fear of intimidation, foul language directed at you, and in full confidence that we will support any decision you make. We know that’s important to you, and it’s vital to us.
OUR REFEREE’S CHARTER
We believe in the following:
1. Any verbal abuse, including single swear words towards a referee, should result in a permanent ban for that player or team for all S6 Competitions/Leagues – forever.
2. If players are violent on the pitch then that should be dealt with by the police, not the governing body or league organiser.
3. Violence or abuse on the pitch should be treated exactly the same as if it were on the street.
4.Players and teams should not be allowed to play in a league where the referee that dealt with them initially, referees. If in doubt, the player or team simply cannot play. The referee is in charge and their views take precedent.
5. The referee should be treated with respect, as they are in rugby and hockey, and if they are not we don’t want those players in our leagues.
6. It shouldn’t be about money to keep a team in a league. If the referee doesn’t want them in the league then they shouldn’t be playing.
7. We never take the word of a player over and above the word of a referee.
8. We don’t believe in committees handing out insignificant punishments. If a player is abusive to a referee, they simply don’t play- ever.
9. If a referee recommends to us that a player or team might in the future cause a problem then we remove that player or team immediately. The referee is the sole authority on who plays or doesn’t play in the league.